Girlfriend Kari Wiki
This is an English Wiki for the popular Japanese mobile game, Girlfriend Beta, also known as Girlfriend Kari (ガールフレンド(仮)) or GF Beta. In this game the main objective is to collect cute cards of various girls, and use them to battle and participate in events to get even more cute cards! It's pretty much an RNG simulator with cute cards and extreme frustration.
This wiki contains information on the original card game, as well as the spin-off games such as Girlfriend Note (ガールフレンド(♪)) and the PS Vita game. Other information on the series, such as the anime and magazine, will also be here.
You can visit the official site of the series to find out more information. Otherwise, if you'd like to jump into the card game immediately, check out the game site. Note that although the game is meant to be mobile, you can access the game on any device as long as you're running Google Chrome as your browser. To start the rhythm game, Girlfriend Note, check out the official site, or visit Mobile App Download to install the game on your Android or IOS device.
All of the games are "separate" from each other in terms of goal and story, so feel free to start playing whatever game you'd like.
Need help with the series? Check out our content below through the Table of Contents! Have questions about the game? Visit our questions page and ask away!
We are currently accepting all contributions and edits! However, you will need to create an account to edit. Please note that currently, account registration is password protected. This is an effort to reduce spambots for the time being. The password can be found on Erina's userpage.
Feel free to join our new discord (chat) group! You can find it here! Have fun discussing all your favorite gfkaris~
Interested in the card game? You can play the game by going to vcard.ameba.jp and registering for an account, if you haven't done so already. Make sure that you're using Google Chrome as your internet browser, since that's the only browser that fully works with the game. Note that you can play on any device that supports Google Chrome. As long as you log into the same account, all your previous progress will be shared throughout accounts! Cross-saving is nice, isn't it? You can attend to your girls at any time, anywhere, providing that you have the right devices.
Interested in the rhythm game? You can play the game on Android or iOS by installing the game! Feel free to look around the wiki for more information. Articles about the rhythm game will start with "Rhythm:" in the title, so you can easily distinguish which articles belong to the card game, and which to the rhythm game!
Feel free to check the table of contents below for a more in-depth summary of game mechanics. If you're looking for more of a guide, check out our Walkthrough Project! It's a work in progress done mainly by Erina, but it'll be done at some point! (By the way, help would be appreciated!)
If you're interested in joining the in-game club (for the card game) that this wiki has, contact Erina for more information! We currently have ~5 open slots remaining!
- Main page: Event:Current
Girlfriend Kari Event
Currently ongoing club cup event, <insert moonrunes here> is underway!
Event lasts from April 14th 22:00 till April 19th, 22:00 JST
There are D days, H hours, M minutes, S seconds till the end of the event.
Girlfriend Note Event
This game has been shut down.
- Main UI
- Basic Tips
- Kokomi Route
- Fumio Route
- Chloe Route
- Akane Route
- Momoko Route
- Nae Route
- Erena Route
- Haruka Route
- Miss Monochrome Route
- Rhythm Game
- PS Vita Game
- Main article: Walkthrough Project
Walkthrough pages and listing can be found here. The main goal of these pages is to help new players easily get into either the card game or the rhythm game, while explaining background information about the game. You'll learn how to register for an account, set things up properly, and then the basic game mechanics. The project is currently incomplete, but feel free to utilize whatever is available to your liking!
- Main article: News
Dates are in MM/DD/YYYY format.
- 2/25/2021: Official shutdown notice for Girlfriend Note on Twitter
- 2/12/2017: Gochuumon wa Usagi Desu Ka collaboration event announced for Girlfriend Kari!
- 2/10/2017: Ongoing rumors that Girlfriend Note might be shutting down soon have surfaced. Not sure of the validity of the source.
- Main page: Project:Wiki/Server News
Accepting all contributions! You need to make an account to start contributing. To make an account, you need a password: the password is located on User:Erina's page - it's the name of his favorite girl (hint: her name starts with an "I").
Card Database project is ongoing.
- 2/13/2017: Migrated server to a new location; upgraded MediaWiki to 1.27.1 LTS
This is a quick tutorial on how to properly add pages to this wiki.
Since this wiki is focused on multiple games that are about Girlfriend Kari, some basic organizational structure is needed so things don't become a mess.
- When adding a general page about the series, just title it normally.
- When adding a page specifically about the original card game, just title it normally.
- When adding a page specifically about the rhythm game (Girlfriend Note), add "Rhythm:" to the beginning of the title.
- When adding a page specifically about a song in the rhythm game, first classify it as either Side-A, Side-B, Special, Limited, or Unreleased. Rhythm:Song Gallery contains a brief description about how to classify the song. Then, go to Rhythm:Song Gallery and copy the page of another song of the same category, and then paste that information into the new page you are creating for the new song. Modify the information appropriately, and make sure you add the right category to the song!
- When adding a page specifically about the PS Vita Game, add "Vita:" to the beginning of the title.
- Do NOT upload images of cards from the games, or upload pages with card information! There will be a separate database for this information coming soon™.
This allows for easier organization! Thanks for your cooperation~
Looking to contribute/help out in some way? Below are a few tasks that need to be done, but haven't been done yet! It would be great if you could help us out!
- Ensure that all names of composers/arrangers/lyric writers of the songs in Girlfriend Note are romanized properly - meaning in the order of Given Name and then Family Name. Most of these have been fixed as of 10 September 2016, but if you encounter any issues, feel free to change them or mention them on the page's talk page.
- For example, 朝比奈桃子 would be romanized to Momoko Asahina.
- For all girls currently in the wiki, create a new page for them with their name in the Japanese order (Family name first, then given name), and create a redirect to the current page.
- For all girls currently in the wiki, make sure that their name is romanized correctly. If not, create a new page with the proper romanization of the name, and redirect it to the current page.
- Ameba has incorrectly romanized the names of several girls in the game, but we must follow their official romanizations of the character names to stay consistent.
- Main page: Project:About
Girlfriend Kari is a popular mobile card game developed by Ameba. It's primarily a collection-based game focused on luck and random number generation. Users of the game tend to focus most of their gameplay in attempting to obtain their favorite cards. Cards are of various rarity, the higher rarity generally leads to more detailed and better artwork, although this is debatable in the later stages. The cards depict images of "cute" anime girls in their daily lives.
The game has become incredibly popular mainly in Japan, due to its massive number of cute girls and famous voice actresses as well. There is a magazine dedicated to the series, as well is various types of merchandise. There is also a spin-off rhythm game, and a PS Vita visual novel game.
Have questions about the game that you want an answer to? Visit the Questions page on this wiki! Feel free to ask your question as a comment, or edit the page itself to add your question. Also, don't be afraid to ask other people around the wiki for questions on how to get started in the game, or just for other tips and pieces of advice. Most of us are here so we can talk with other Girlfriend Kari players!
- Main page: Project:Help
Need help with editing and contributing? Feel free to ask other people on the wiki for some quick tips and help. Editing pages on the wiki should be mostly straightforward. There are two options: Visual Editor or Source Editor. Visual Editor, while more server-intensive, allows for you to edit directly on the formatting of the article so you can see the changes you make in real-time. Source editor has you program into plain-text, meaning that you'll have to utilize Wikipedia's Wiki Markup Text in order to format your text properly. It's not that difficult, though, and is definitely more preferred than using Visual Editor.
As a general rule of thumb, use the source editor whenever possible or dealing with non-formatting related issues. Then, use the Visual Editor to format your text properly and easily, and to also add images if necessary. If you follow this general rule, you'll rarely ever run into trouble!